Sidewinders LLC has a great opportunity for an experienced machinist with a proven, successful track record working with manual machining equipment. The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background, with demonstrable experience in manual machining in an electromechanical setting.
The Sidewinders motor shop, in Magna, Utah, is an EASA-accredited outfit, supplying high-quality and industry-leading repairs to OEMs, local end users, municipalities, and authorities throughout Utah and the West.
- Set and operate specialized machinist equipment, including, but not limited to, manual horizontal lathes, manual vertical milling machines, and vertical pillar drills.
- Accurately inspect, measure, and record mechanical dimensions using precision measuring equipment, such as protractors, micrometers, Verniers, and TIR clocks to assess tolerance conformity.
- Identify defective parts, noting all structural damage, deformity, and/or unusual conditions.
- Work directly from engineering and/or handwritten drawings to accurately manufacture or repair machined components.
- Reverse-engineer parts and components and machine replica parts from scratch to meet required industry standards.
- Work to extremely tight tolerances.
- Produce high-quality and consistent workmanship on all work performed in both a workshop and field environment.
- Produce detailed reports and document any as-found faults and required repairs.
- Adhere to industry procedures, standards, and product specifications.
- Perform other general duties where reasonably practicable.
- Perform basic lifting and assembly operations.
- Keep work area clean, organized, and tidy.
- Minimum of 10 years’ demonstratable experience in a similar machine shop environment
- Knowledge of both AC and DC motors and parts is preferred
- Previous demonstrable experience working with a range of center lathes
- Previous documented experience machining a range of metal types, including copper, brass, a range of steels, cast iron, and aluminum
- TIG and MIG welding skills are desirable
- Experience of fitting and assembly operations is desirable
Skills and Qualities
- Be dependable, flexible and trustworthy
- Be motivated and proactive
- Demonstrate a good level of verbal and written communication skills and mathematic understanding
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work self-directed, under pressure, and to tight deadlines
- Strong team member and also able to work alone efficiently
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Competent in rigging and lifting techniques
- Valid driver’s license
Sidewinders offers competitive wages, health, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, and a 401K plan.
Send your resume to `firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.